cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Commercial Rights Reserved

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Kat Walsh <kat AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Commercial Rights Reserved
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:27:04 -0800

There is one piece of the recent NC/ND announcements I'd like to call
particular attention to.

One of the open proposals is to change the name of the NonCommercial
license to "Commercial Rights Reserved". I've put together a page on
the wiki (also linked in the previous email) with a description of the
proposal and some arguments for and against--you can find it at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Commercial_Rights_Reserved

(I've seen several people comment on and link to it already; thank you!)

This would be a pretty big change, and we're hesitant to do it unless
there is strong support. We'd like to hear broader input on it to be
able to make a decision--please let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Kat

--
Kat Walsh, Counsel, Creative Commons