cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gregor Hagedorn <g.m.hagedorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:08:19 +0100

The work can't "fall back into" ARR copyrights status as the cc licenses don't
expire. (That's how I read it at least.) You could set a time limit for one
license to move to another though.
copyright or privacy rights.

A new time-limited licenses would have to have an expiration clause as part of the deed and legal text.

Time limited licensing is very common, e.g. the reason why some works cannot be displayed any more - I am just thinking of the examples in "Bound by Law", Aoki et al.).

I think an "EXP" notices that refers to another license is confusing, see previous post