cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses version 4.0: some thoughts on noncommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses version 4.0: some thoughts on noncommercial
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:36:31 -0500

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 14:31:32 Heather Morrison wrote:
> I strongly advocate for understanding the need for creators to make a
> living, and including those who share as much as they can while reserving
> some rights so that they can make a living in the commons.

This is very confusing. Is it a commons or not. Do people share the works in
common or not?

NC is not a commons way of sharing. One person gets to make money the rest of
the world does not. This is in no way sharing the work in common is it?

Can you explain exactly what you mean here and perhaps give some more
concrete
examples?