cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: paola.dimaio AT gmail.com
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Lawsuit over Virgin Mobile's and Ethical Use
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:46:55 +0700

apologies for confusing language - let me rephrase

>I never suggested that I would change a cc license and call it still
a cc license, but I suggested that I could add a clause and
'personalise it'
and call it 'my cc' - this is obviously just an idea - I also said
that not necessarily an amendment would make it incompatible with
other licenses at all since the clause would not change any radical
construct in the license, it would simply add a condition.

I also suggested that, as another option, I delete the clause which
says that the license cannot be modified and this would also be legal,
in my understanding (since the licenses are covered by 'attribution',
it means I can make my own verions (otherwise it should be non
derivative) . am I understanding correctly?

however, given the possible mess, I think the simple way around is
that I will create an ethical clause and place it as a precondition
for licensing any of my work
if the condition is met (eithical criteria etc), then then work can be
used under the terms of the cc (license type to be selected)

This would cover my purpose and not interfere with any licenses

Its kinda simple. when I have a draft pre agreement I will share it
on this list

hope its clearer now...