cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Project using CCL wants to use LPGL licensed code

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Project using CCL wants to use LPGL licensed code
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:03:45 -0700

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 12:14 +0200, Christian Rutsch wrote:
> Hey there.
>
> We are running a small software project, which has been released under
> the CCL.

There's no such thing as "the" CC license. Which are you using? But it
doesn't matter...

> Now we want to use a piece of software within our code, which
> has been released und the LGPL.
>
> What are the license problems we are going to face here?

That probably depends on what "within" means above. Solution -- CC
licenses should not be used for software.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#Can_I_use_a_Creative_Commons_license_for_software.3F

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer