cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Project using CCL wants to use LPGL licensed code

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: rob AT robmyers.org
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Project using CCL wants to use LPGL licensed code
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:49:39 +0100

Quoting Christian Rutsch <teradil AT lotgd.de>:

Hey there.

We are running a small software project, which has been released under
the CCL.

Which exact Creative Commons license? For example BY-NC-SA 2.0 or BY-ND 3.0?

The CC licenses are not recommended for software.

Now we want to use a piece of software within our code, which
has been released und the LGPL.

How exactly are you intending to use the LGPL-licensed code?

Are you copying and pasting it, statically linking, dynamically linking, or is the project a web application that is using the code?

What are the license problems we are going to face here?

It depends on the CC license and on how you are using the LGPL-licensed code.

- Rob.