cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] You can always give up more rights in a work.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] You can always give up more rights in a work.
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:01:37 -0400

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 10:12 pm, Terry Hancock wrote:
> You can always give up more rights in a work.

A bit of a general question. We may have touched on this years ago but my
memory is fuzzy.

This is from BY-SA 3.0

8.e. "This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with
respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or
representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall
not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any
communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual
written agreement of the Licensor and You."

With this clause in a license, is it safe for someone to rely on any other
assurances from the copyright holder?

(da idea man)