cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Some basic agreements?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <teloscorbin AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Some basic agreements?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:36:56 -0500

Without any DRM solution applied to CC-SA:
CAN Dave monopolize the content on and off his platform?
CAN Dave monopolize Distribution and Commercial rights on his platform?

In case it wasn't clear, the questions are
"CAN Dave do this?" not
"Are you WILLING TO ALLOW Dave to do this?"

If Dave can NOT do this, then please tell me because that
means I'm not understanding the licenses correctly,
and I need to re-evaluate.

If Dave CAN do these things, and you are willing to
allow them for one reason or another, fine.
But think of this as a story problem on a Physics Exam.

Show your work.

Show what you start off with
(Dave can do this, Dave can do that)
and show how you get to your conclusion.
If one solution has an additional bad result,
and you want to avoid it, then show the
process you went through.

But before you can do any of that, you need
to acknowledge where you start from.

Without any DRM solution applied to CC-SA:
CAN Dave monopolize the content on and off his platform?
CAN Dave monopolize Distribution and Commercial rights on his platform?

Greg