cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ParDist does not address commercial monopoly

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <teloscorbin AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ParDist does not address commercial monopoly
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:58:15 -0500

Oh, sorry for the extra post, but this is a quick request.

Could people talking about Parallel Distribution
please STOP using the acronym "PD" for par-dist.
Everytime I see "PD", I read "Public Domain", then
I have to stop, back up, and re-read it as parallel distribution.

I abbreviate it to "ParDist", which seems pretty short and
isn't nearly as confusing. It would probably help people
who haven't been participating to keep up and also help
people who don't use English as their primary language.
But it would definitely help me as well.

Thanks.
Greg London