cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:59:11 +0100

I agree with Alek,

I would also like to have some time to think about the arguments brought forward instead of - in my case - jumping into a discussion haphazardly. Would it be acceptable to have some form of time-out so people like me have at least the chance to catch up and participate into this discussion? Or as Paul Keller once proposed a maximum of emails on this particular discussion per day?

ps: Please, keep also in mind that not everybody on this list has English as their first language and might need a bit more time to respond in an eloquent manner than the native English speakers.

Alek Tarkowski wrote:
hello all,

i'm just writing to say that i've received 30 emails from this list today and it's only 6pm. I feel that a lot of the participants in this recent discussion are not too respectful of the time and attention of many, i suppose, members of this list. this has been mentioned before, there are people who want to follow the discussion, but can't devote the equivalent of a part time job to this! - please remember about us as you send those emails.

best,

Alek Tarkowski