cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Parallel Distribution and Non-Copyleft Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Fwd: Parallel Distribution and Non-Copyleft Licenses
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:36:46 -0500 (EST)

> why couldn't I design a DRM system where anyone
> could apply, but only the blessed could work with
> protected content from there?

You can handle this with the current proposal, though.
The current anti-TPM clause allows local application
of TPM to a work. You can then upload it to your hardware.
Unless I'm misunderstanding your scenario, it's already
addressed in the current anti-TPM language.

If folks would agree to parallel distribution
and everyone must be able to apply DRM, then
that's almost identical from a functional
point of view to the Anti-TPM with local DRM allowed.

--
Take the Courage Vow
http://www.couragevow.com/