cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: tomislav medak <to-me AT mi2.hr>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:38:45 +0200

hi jaroslaw,

in my understanding, the fact that it's your own zune player's software
that limits the playability of files it registered as received through
sharing to 3-days/3-plays simply does not amount to imposing
technological measures on distribution, public display, public
performance or public digital performance. therefore, if zune's DRM in
fact functions as they claim it does, it simply does not constitute an
infringement of CC license terms.

it's rather that the zune player is defective by design and people
should just not buy it.

tom