cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC licenses and Zune DRM are a good match?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:59:28 -0400

On Friday 29 September 2006 08:16 pm, Jaroslaw Lipszyc wrote:
> Zune and CC licenses was a last week discussion, but i still have
> doubts. Please, read Lessig blog post with comments, and tell me what
> you think:
> http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003535.shtml

"So there was a flurry of concern last week because of the announcement that
Microsoft’s new Zune would wrap all content in DRM. Turns out that was a
mistake. All content is not wrapped by default. The wrapping applies to DRMed
content only."

Huh??? Zune only wraps DRM around DRMed content? If is already DRMed, why
does
Zune need to wrap DRM around it?

> More info (with comments too) here:
> http://www.zuneinsider.com/2006/09/zune_and_drm_or.html
>
> greetings
> Jaroslaw Lipszyc

(da idea man)
http://www.ourmedia.org/node/145261
Record a song and you might win $1,000.00
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/17145