cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Can a by-NC-sa use material from a by-sa?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Can a by-NC-sa use material from a by-sa?
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 20:57:49 -0700

there is a relicensing chart here: http://creativecommons.org/ faq#I_used_part_of_a_Creative_Commons- licensed_work,_which_Creative_Commons_license_can_I_relicense_my_work_un der?

hope that helps...

On May 2, 2006, at 8:49 PM, <robinp AT xtra.co.nz> wrote:

I've looked at the last 7 months on this list but seen nothing quite on point.

If the only obvious difference between the licenses of two wikis is that the little one is "Non-Commercial" and the big one (eg Wikitravel) isn't, can the little one copy from the big one?

(Subject to suitable attribution, etc, of course, which I guess could include a clear statement that the original material might be available from the source for commercial use)

Robin Patterson in New Zealand