cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:03:41 -0800

sorry, but i still don't understand this accounting practice of the nonprofits you have worked at. you wrote:

"* Gift shop reports the gift store reports that they sold 100 000
copies of that "cool object";
* Membership reports that they have 100 000 new members;"

this was in the context of you saying that a nonprofit could sell an NC licensed object. where is the sale occurring? how is it optional and yet still a sale & thus getting within a loophole in the guidelines?