cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:14:40 +0000

Mia wrote:

>you must work at a very interesting nonprofit with very interesting
fundraising practices.

a) The only difference between the example I described, and what I
have seen, was that instead of using the CC-NC licence, a much more
restrictive licence was used.

b) A few years ago, I decided that I would never work for a
non-profit, doing fund raising. It is just too unethical, when it is
legal. [Maybe I worked for a string of unethical non-profits.
However, given that their operating budgets ranged from over a million
dollars a year, to under a hundred dollars a year, operated in
different geographical areas, and had different missions, I doubt that
what I saw was unusual. ]

> "the object can't be sold in the gift store. end of story.

The item was not sold by the gitt shop. The sales were reported by
the gift shop.

> as for (ii) - isn't that why we are having this conversation??? :-)

I just described how a non-profit can sell the item, without violating
the NC licence.

########

The easiest way to clean it up, is to delete everything but D(1)(a) from D(1).

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.