cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] What freedom is?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: j lipszyc <jl AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] What freedom is?
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:49:20 +0100

Mike Linksvayer wrote:

If a legal regime allows noncommercial distribution of copyrighted
stuff, as you seem to be implying a French court ruling says in the case
of P2P (I've only read the headlines...), then noncommercial
distribution of stuff under the sampling license is allowed under that
regime, same as any copyrighted material.

I was not disputing thesis of parent post. I simply stated, that RMS is right, and that french court which ruled noncommercial sharing legal also seems to think, that noncommercial sharing is OK.

jaroslaw lipszyc