cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Daft Question about CC and sign printing.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Martyn <martyne AT orange.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Daft Question about CC and sign printing.
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:16:27 +0000

Mike Linksvayer wrote:
On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 23:57 +0000, Martyn wrote:
For attribution could you include a "union label" size notice on signs?
I'm afraid I'm English and i don't know what you mean by that.

On materials printed at union shops you may notice a tiny logo something
like http://www.theunionshop.com/images/UnionBug/Bug125.gif which is
pretty innocuous on large printed materials like signs.

My point was simply that you could presumably incorporate a license
notice and attribution in a similarly innocuous fashion.

Yes we can do that. I'll produce a separate little bit of text (the sign making process means it can't be that small, the minimum text height is about 1.5cm ) that can then be placed on the sign or van where the end user thinks best.

It might take me a while to get all of this working but it will be there before version 1 is finished and it's used on any sites.

In the mean time I'm going to use the CC fonts purely for testing and put something on the site, saying that we don't fully comply but are testing and developing.

Thanks for your help on this.

Martyn.