cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Daft Question about CC and sign printing.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Martyn <martyne AT orange.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Daft Question about CC and sign printing.
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:57:07 +0000

Mike Linksvayer wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 10:29 +0000, Martyn wrote:
I'm building an open source sign designer (released under LGPL).
http://csdm.sourceforge.net

And I would like to include in the package some fonts and some images
(in SVG).

Now to me I think i can use works licenced under some of the CC licences
but I'd like your opions as basically the project is open but the final
useage is going to be by commercial entities.

Now I think I can parse the CC metadata out of the RDF block and show
the end user the author information etc. of any font or image they look,
and put the inforamtion on the final order email as well. But there is
no way I would be able to put an attribution on the sign that finally
gets produced.

For attribution could you include a "union label" size notice on signs?
I'm afraid I'm English and i don't know what you mean by that.
Presumably you can't use content under a NonCommercial license.

I assume so too, and thats not a problem.
If you don't know about http://openclipart.org/ you should -- all SVG,
all public domain.

That and the open fonts project that unfortunately i can't find the link for were what gave me the idea.

Thanks for getting back to me.