cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] human rights license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Peter Brink <peter.brink AT brinkdata.se>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] human rights license
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:15:27 +0100

phyllostachys nuda skrev:
Now, I would really like someone to actually put thought into this issue
> and give a real reply, instead of these idiotic non-rebuttals that I have
> heard a million times. Your logic is crappy and 'blowing off the troll'
> is not the same thing as making a coherent argument.

1) This list is not about "how do I create my favourite license", it's a discussion list about CC-licenses. It's not a "free legal advice" mailinglist.

2) CC-licenses are not targeted at software.

3) Getting a reply to a question is no "right"; people will respond to questions (or issues) which they find interesting, or perhaps when they have input on aspects of an issue that has been overlooked, or special knowledge that can help, etc.

4) As a copyright holder you may impose whatever restrictions you desire on those that wants to use your software. All you need to do is to make sure that the terms you impose really stick and that can be tricky at times.

Good luck,

/Peter Brink