cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Where to discuss this?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Where to discuss this?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:42:02 -0700

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 18:47 +0200, Audun Myhra Bergwitz wrote:
> I've been working on an idea for some time, but need some feedback. I'm
> thinking of a commercial use license based on the CC-license. It's a
> quite simple idea, with a simple tag-on to a NC-SA-license which says:
> You might use this commercially if you pay a X % royalty to the
> copyright owner(s). Before I elaborate I want to know if this is the
> discussion lists for that sort of ideas or if there is a better place to
> do it?

This would not modify a CC license, but would be complementary.

Many people have suggested similar, e.g.:
http://sampleright.org/
http://mlu.bestkungfu.com/wiki/index.php?title=Licensing_terms

Magnatune more or less does this for their artists, e.g.,
https://magnatune.com/artists/license/?artist=Anup&album=Embrace&genre=Indian

This is a reasonable place to discuss such ideas, but do expect some
flak from the peanut gallery, here or on cc-community. I'm interested
in your ideas in any case.

--
Mike Linksvayer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21