cc-licenses - Re: Proposal for a new kind of CC license - "preservation license"

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Proposal for a new kind of CC license - "preservation license"
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:45:43 +0100
On 18 Jul 2005, at 11:41, Ron Kaminsky wrote:

I'd be happy if the price was the problem, but right now, there is no
such license (and I don't see lots of IP lawyers jumping on this
thread volunteering to invent one :-),

The Founders Copyright License?

http://creativecommons.org/projects/founderscopyright/

My ha'pennorth on this thread:

License proliferation is bad. Even OSI have realised that license proliferation is bad. No more licenses, please. That would be bad.

When you think of Creative Commons, think "free as in freedom of contract".

- Rob.