cc-licenses - Re: 2.0 to 2.5 Upgrade Process

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: 2.0 to 2.5 Upgrade Process
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:40:07 +0100

On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 01:34PM, Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca> wrote:

>Yes, I realize this is kind of a pain, but I believe it's the way the
>license works.

I've seen some people propose using langauge similar to that suggested for
GPL licensing, so for BY_SA that would be something like:

"This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike
License; either version 2.5 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version."

I don't know whether this works or not, though. I am not a lawyer.

- Rob.