cc-licenses - 2.0 to 2.5 Upgrade Process

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: James Byers <jbyers AT jbyers.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 2.0 to 2.5 Upgrade Process
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:56:34 -0700

Hello,

I help run http://wikispaces.org, a free wiki host whose member-contributed content is currently licensed under by-sa 2.0. I'm hoping someone can help clarify the process of moving to by-sa 2.5 for existing and future content. Every page on Wikispaces has both a link to the by-sa 2.0 license and the corresponding RDF block.

Is it correct and appropriate to simply update these to version 2.5 or should existing content keep the 2.0 versions? What other issues should we consider so that we're not adversely affecting the rights of our member-authors in the process?

Thanks in advance,
James