cc-licenses - Re: Questions on section 4. Restrictions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Questions on section 4. Restrictions
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:03:57 -0400

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 11:58 am, Sincaglia, Nicolas wrote:
> There are some aspects to the restrictions that kind of surprise me and
> I wanted to verify that I understand correctly the restrictions.

> 2). In section 4. Restrictions it states "You may not distribute,
> publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the
> Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the
> Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement."
>

> Using the same collective work consisting of ten short films as an
> example, does this mean I can distribute my collective work on VHS video
> tape but not on DVD? Because VHS tape does not typically contain any
> encryption but standard DVDs would?

Is there some reason why you think you must encrypt the DVDs?

On a side note on the same point: Would electronic ticket sales be considered
a technological measure which controls acces to the public performance of the
work? (I think not, but does anyone see this differently. Or even worse, can
money be considered technology? If so, charging for access is not allowed?)

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22