cc-licenses - Re: Use cases for NonCommercial license clause

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Wyl Newland" <wylnewland AT gmail.com>, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Use cases for NonCommercial license clause
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:53:41 -0400 (EDT)

Wyl Newland said:
> Until I can attain a permanent home for my conditions, I will simply
> enumerate them in plain text. My personal preferred <condition> says
> something to the effect: "a 7% royalty of cover sales price be divided
> according to the will of the publisher and paid upon the completion of
> printing and prior to any sale, among the following entities and no
> others: <list-of-entities>".

So, if 10 people daisy chain modification upon modification
and the end result is some really kick-ass work,
you reserve the right to sell that work commercially
and possibly avoid having to get permission of the downstream authors
and avoiding having to pay them royalties?

Am I missing something here?

Greg
--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP Law.
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/