cc-licenses - Re: Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 & Website Comments

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 & Website Comments
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:09:05 +0000
On 21 Feb 2005, at 18:44, nono2sco wrote:

The reason this seems tricky to me is who exactly the
licensor and licensee are, and the nature of the work.

Get the posters to license the work to the *website* CC-BY-SA-2.0 and there is no ambiguity. The site must then offer the comments CC-BY-SA-2.0 itself, so the rest of the world gets the comments licensed as before.

This also means that posters can't request removal (although it might be good citizenship to allow removal requests, I don't know what the usual position on this is).

- Rob.

OT/PS - Cool, the video for New Order's new single just started playing on MTV 2. :-)