cc-licenses - Re: Creative Commons Attribution License Question

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Creative Commons Attribution License Question
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:48:47 -0800

Sigmascape1 AT cs.com wrote:
Hi,

I realize now how I have confused my initial question. Basically, I wanted to
know if a photo covered under the CC Attribution license could be re-package
by anyone, and then sold as is? I don't want to restrict the distribution of
the content, I just don't know if I want someone else (other than me) selling
verbatim copies. I do want someone to be able to make commercial use of the
media.

I apologize for my conflicting requests. Currently, I am just attempting to
verfiy some important details before I begin distributing some material.

Maybe you want to dually license your photos under

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling/1.0/

Allows commercial use of transformative derivatives, no redistribution

and

Allows noncommercial redistribution and derivatives

Or maybe not. IANAL.

--
Mike Linksvayer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21