cc-licenses - Including copyright material such as trademarks in a public domain resource

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd AT btinternet.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Including copyright material such as trademarks in a public domain resource
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:06:08 +0100

Is there a simple plain text explanation of the processes need to be undertaken to include a trademark in a public domain work?

The domain http://www.peepo.co.uk * is dedicated to the public domain.
We would now like to start incorporating a few trademarks and unattributable resources within some web pages.

How is this possible?

Is it sufficient to include separate creative commons licenses for each resource within a given web page?

This would mean that we were asserting that the contents of the domain were public domain, but then adding reservations regarding certain resources.
Is this reasonable?

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk "It's easy to use"
irc://freenode/accessibility

* http://www.peepo.co.uk is a web portal for people who are pre-literate.
We use symbols as links to suitable resources.
It uses Scaleable Vector Graphics format and Resource Description Framework XML with Cascading Style Sheets and some ecmascript code.

http://www.peepo.com the original web portal, has a non-authoratative disclaimer suggesting that if you dont want us to use your logo we will remove the link.
http://www.peepo.com/copyright/copyright.html

  • Including copyright material such as trademarks in a public domain resource, Jonathan Chetwynd, 10/26/2004