cc-licenses - Re: Future plans

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Sigmascape1 AT cs.com
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Future plans
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:16:42 -0400

Mr. London,

I agree with your thoughts on the public domain. I would never want material
I dedicate not to have commercial (proprietary) value. In fact, it is one of
the reasons I do release items with no rights reserved. The commons, and by
that I do mean the public domain, has taken numerous hits over the years.
Congress has made it harder and harder for material to enter the pd. By
literally giving certain content back to the commons, we all win...
private/personal/proprietary uses are all allowed.

Thanks!!!!

MLF

www.sigmascape.com