cc-licenses - Re: SourceForge and CreativeCommons

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: SourceForge and CreativeCommons
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:52:52 -0400

GL> I don't think attribution would meet the OSD.

I asked on the license-discuss mailing list about this, and was
referred to the Attribution Assurance License, an OSI-approved
license:

http://opensource.org/licenses/attribution.php

Probably worth noting is the following clause:

2. Redistributions of the Code in binary form must be
accompanied by this GPG-signed text in any documentation and,
each time the resulting executable program or a program
dependent thereon is launched, a prominent display (e.g.,
splash screen or banner text) of the Author's attribution
information, which includes:

(a) Name ("AUTHOR"),
(b) Professional identification ("PROFESSIONAL IDENTIFICATION"), and
(c) URL ("URL").

I believe that's actually more than CC's Attribution license element
requires.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>