cc-licenses - Re: keeping CC-SA free

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: keeping CC-SA free
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 12:27:39 -0400

RM> Yes. People are welcome to use asset-stripping licenses
RM> (although I have reservations about CC offering them), but I
RM> want to use a value-creation one.

Rob, is "asset-stripping license" a commonly-used phrase or legal term
that I've never heard before, or just a clever turn of phrase? Can you
explain the difference between an "asset-stripping license" and a
"value creation license"?

As an aside, I think we should make a rule on the cc-licenses list:
you're only allowed to throw in one (1) neologism per email
message. B-)

Finally, to wrap up, a question: does anyone know of good mailing
lists or other forums for discussing OFLACC* in more general or
theoretical ways, rather than specifically for Creative Commons
licenses?

~ESP

* My neologism for this email. "Open/Free/Libre Art/Content/Culture".

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/