cc-licenses - Re: digital copy of a physical work and the selling of that physical work

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Stephen Woodward <deadpaperplate AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: digital copy of a physical work and the selling of that physical work
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:11:36 -0500

You are right, now that I think about it my questions are a bit off. I'm not looking for professional advice though, only opinion, and will respect anyone's views and concerns. I guess I was just trying to throw out for discussion, the idea of: what if the root of the creation is physical, and that interferes with the cc licensing of its digital version, through changing owner's hands.

Thanks for your input, Sal

-steve