cc-licenses - How to tag html pages

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jeroen Budts <jeroen AT lightyear.be>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: How to tag html pages
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:07:46 +0100

Currently my weblog [1] is already under a creative commons license,
which is indicated with the 'default' sentence ("This work is licensed
under a Creative Commons Licens
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/>") (and a button).
But in my opinion it is not very clear about what content of the
website is licensed and what not. (by example when i copy a foto from
a friend to my webserver is it then licensed under the cc-license or not?)
The examples in the 'how to tag a html page' [2] give more information
about the exact content that is licensed, so I was thinking about
changing the sentence about my weblog, but my english isn't that good.
I whas thinking about the following sentence (based on the sickbuglog
[3]):
"All content on this weblog (including text, photographs and any other
original works), unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative
Commons License."
But then I have to questions: when I use a picture from another server
(by example a logo) (without copying it to my server) does it then
also licensed under the cc according to the sentence, because it then
is content of my weblog? Or am I wrong? Could this be solved by adding
something like "... any other original works, and only from this
domainname (budts.be))..."?
And what about content I do copy to my webserver which I didn't
create? Should I explicitly add: 'this picture is not licensed under
the CC' or 'this picture is (c) 2004 example.org'? Or is this not
necessary because my sentence says: "...original works.."?

Kind Regards,
Jeroen

(sorry for my bad english)

____