cc-licenses - Re: No warranty!

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: No warranty!
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:04:45 -0500

EP> The upshot: if you're going to self-publish anything, clear
EP> the rights. If you're going to self-publish and allow free
EP> redistribution and/or modification, DEFINITELY clear the
EP> rights. Disclaimer of warranty is not license to be an idiot.

I forgot to mention that I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal
advice. You should contact a lawyer in your area if you think it's a
real hotdog idea to publish something you know you don't have rights
to publish.

He or she will of course laugh you out of his or her office*, but you
should at least check.

~ESP

*I am not a psychic. This is not psychic advice.

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/