cc-licenses - Re: Choose license - Select country

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Choose license - Select country
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:58:17 -0800

So, I find the whole iCommons thing really confusing. If my Work is
under a Creative Commons license, isn't that a world-wide license? Or
is that only the USA?

Is iCommons localization to particular legal jurisdictions, or just
translation to different languages?

Lastly, of course, ShareAlike. Can I take by-sa content and modify and
redistribute under (say) by-sa-ja or whatever?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
evan AT prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us