cc-licenses - Re: Compilation copyright

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller <sloyment AT gmx.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Compilation copyright
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:50:35 +0100

Hi,

On Montag 15 Dezember 2003 10:03, Sunir Shah wrote:
> Amberleigh Young:
> > I would like for my users to retain the ability to use
> > their content in any way, while retaining for myself
> > the ability to exploit the content in other media, with
> > attribution to the original creators.

Evan Prodromou has already written a very good comment on this.

> Copyrights are about morality, not legality.

No. They are about money.

BTW: IMHO, you can't get a compilation copyright on a wiki,
because you do not compile the articles in any creative way.
Instead, you are just providing the space where people can drop
them in random order. But IANAL and TINLA.

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."