cc-licenses - Re: magazine articles ...

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: sam AT spinach7.com, "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: magazine articles ...
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:56:15 -0800

hi sam,

glad to hear of your plans. thanks for writing in.

i'm not sure i understand this:

> now, the problem for us is - we don't want people to modify the work, but
> we
> don't mind people to expand on the work and if they do, then we'd like
> them
> to offer it to others on a similar licence. is that possible?

but if i'm on the right track, you can probably find the answer to what
you're looking for by looking closely at the text of the licenses,
specifically very early in the text where the definitions of collective
work and derivative work (and how they're different) are laid out.

let me know if that helps. and if i'm totally on the wrong track, maybe
tell me a little more detail about what you're trying to accomplish.

thanks again for your interest,

glenn