cc-jp - Re: [Cc-jp] Let's start the "Cc-jp" mailing list!

cc-jp AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Motohiro Tsuchiya <taiyo AT glocom.ac.jp>
  • To: cc-jp AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-jp] Let's start the "Cc-jp" mailing list!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:13:40 +0900

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your questions.

>First, a question: which encoding is to be used for mails containing
>Japanese text? UTF-8 or JIS? Any preferences?

We prefer ISO-2022-JP to UTF-8. UTF-8 sometimes makes
problems.

>Second, a first remark:
>Point 2 of each license refers to the concept of "Fair Use":

This is a very important point. We have just started
from translating the U.S. licenses into Japanese,
exactly word to word. I didn't realized concept
differences of fair use between U.S. law and Japanese
law. Your point must be considered. Our translation/
consultation group will consider this and update the
licenses.

Thank you again for your contribution. If you find more
differences, please let us know.

Motohiro