cc-jo - [CC-Jordan] Introduction note

cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: CC Jordan

  • From: Stephanie Raye Safi <stephanie.safi AT nklc.ae>
  • To: cc-jo AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Jordan] Introduction note
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:36:09 +0400

Dear All,

I would like to introduce myself as the Associate who assisted in the review of the Arabic translation of the Creative Commons License Agreement.

Our amendments and comments on the Arabic translation reflects in its format and language the English version of the CC License providing a coherent linguistical translation and do not reflect in any way the Jordanian or UAE Law.

I will also provide my opinion on the name translation of “Creative Commons” ابداعي مشاع since we do not agree that مشاع is the right word to translate “commons”.

Best regards,

Stephanie Safi,

Associate

Khasawneh & Associates

Legal Consultants

PO Box 74980, Al Moosa Tower 1,

Sheikh Zayed Road

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone:  +971 (0) 4332 6550
Mobile:        +971 (0) 556802689

Fax:              +971 (0) 4332 6433

Website        www.nklc.ae

Email:           stephanie.safi AT nklc.ae

part of kslg.jpg

Amman/Baghdad/Dubai

www.kslg.net

Attorney-client privilege: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain legal advice and privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and destroy all copies thereof

  • [CC-Jordan] Introduction note, Stephanie Raye Safi, 02/25/2009