cc-it - [Cc-it] Re: AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project

cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussione delle licenze Creative Commons

  • From: Andrea Glorioso <andrea.glorioso AT agnula.org>
  • To: announce AT lists.agnula.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Cc-it] Re: AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:14:02 +0100

Dear all,

a small update to our "Libre Music" announcement.

> Florence, 22 Dec 2003

> +++ AGNULA launches the "Libre Music" project

> The AGNULA IST-Project [0] is proud to announce its new "Libre
> Music" (aka the "muzik" project) project, whose goal is to create a
> publicly accessible database of Libre Music, i.e. music licensed
> under either the Creative Commons [1] licenses or the EFF [2] Open
> Audio License.

We are currently having some DNS problems. It looks like the
`agnula.org' domain expired and our current registrar didn't notify us
(right now the e-mail address on the domain record is wrong, we are
correcting that, too, but it was right up to one week ago).

Our registrar changed the IP address for agnula.org and of all its
subdomains, making it point to a default "domain has expired" page.
As soon as we noticed the problem, we contacted the registrar and
renewed the domain, but until now there are still two IP addresses in
the DNS system worldwide:

www.agnula.org. 2400 IN A 130.237.67.101
www.agnula.org. 2400 IN A 64.85.73.31

The *first* IP address is correct (it's the IP address of the AGNULA
server at KTH, Sweden) while the second is not. Until our registrar
understands that we *did* renew our domain and deletes its IP address
from the DNS system, you might fail to reach our server and all
services hosted there (www.agnula.org, devel.agnula.org, the mailing
lists).

We are sorry for this issue. We are working as fast as we can to have
it fixed before Christmas.

On behalf of the AGNULA team,

--
Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso AT agnula.org
AGNULA/DeMuDi Techie http://www.agnula.org/