cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Upload! 'Creative Commons': Opportunities for Public Life, Work and Play in Hong Kong 3.0

  • From: Henry Oh <henryoh AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Chiaki Hayashi <chiaki AT loftwork.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Upload! 'Creative Commons': Opportunities for Public Life, Work and Play in Hong Kong 3.0
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:01:20 +0800

Hi all. I've just returned from Tokyo where I had the good fortune of
spending some time with Chiaki, CC's Asia Projects Coordinator.

This topic seems very timely as one of the things we discussed was
information sharing between CC communities in Asia.

Chiaki was nice enough to invite me to a press preview at the Mori Art
Museum, where she introduced me to the museum's Director, Nanjo-san, and its
Chief Curator. As some of you may know, the Mori museum has been very
creative in its use of CC. They used it for the Ai Weiwei (艾未未)
exhibition and their new Medicine and Art exhibition (which is pretty
interesting, see more at
http://www.moriart.org/english/contents/medicine/index.html) uses it as
well.

I would love to see if we can organize something like this in HK with one of
the museums here. The people at the Mori are open to collaborating with a
museum here and sharing their experiences (both good and bad) at how using
CC affected their revenue as well as other practical considerations.

Also, the NHK in Japan is considering the use of CC as well and it would be
interesting share information about how CC-HK's experience with RTHK could
be used by the CC community in Japan in their efforts to get NHK to use CC.

I'll try to make it to the meeting tomorrow if anyone wants to discuss
further.

Cheers,
Henry

| Henry Oh
| Chief Executive Officer, Socialutions, Inc.
| Co-Founder, Hong Kong Startup Association (HKSUA)
| d. +852 2565-8819
| m. +852 6336-3531
| e. henry.oh AT socialutions.com; henry.oh AT hksua.com.hk