cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Recruitment of Volunteers

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Recruitment of Volunteers
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:49:31 +0800

Hi All,

As decided in the last community meeting, we need volunteers for the
following teams:

**Legco Watch Team**
This is a team to monitor the government mainly through publications
from the Legislative Council. I suggest to monitor the following
panels:

Commerce and Industry
http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/ci.htm

IT Technology and Broadcasting
http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/itb.htm

Education
http://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/panels/yr08-12/ed.htm

**News Watch Team**
This is a team to monitor CC and IP related news. I suggest to monitor
the following sources:

International News e.g. Swedish Pirate Party headed to European Parliament
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/swedish-pirate-party-headed-to-european-parliament.ars

Local News

CC News - CCi, Mainland, Taiwan

Question for the two teams above:
1. Is there any teams/online groups like this? If yes, should we join force?
2. Is Google Group a good tool? The current cc-hk list is hosted on
ibiblio.org, which has poor support for Chinese characters and blocked
by the GFW, unfortunately (probably due to hosting a few Tibet sites
http://www.ibiblio.org/index.old/index.feb2003.html) On the other
hand, from my previous experience with the CCHK music group, some
non-google users have difficulties registering, unless they open gmail
accounts.

**Web Presence Team**
Aim
1. Register Prominent CCHK Projects
2. Encourage the release of materials and promote good practices to
maximize public adoption

General Direction
1. Use International Hosting as mush as possible, e.g. ccmixter,
archive.org, blip.tv, Flickr, Picasa
2. Use International Registries such as CC Case Studies to register
the projects. The list of HK case studies can be embedded in the CCHK
official site. Taking Germany as an example:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/index.php?title=Special:Ask&offset=0&limit=20&q=[[Category%3ACasestudy]]+[[Country%3A%3AGermany]]&p=format%3Dbroadtable&po=%3FCountry%0A%3FAuthor%0A%3FFormat%0A&sort=Country&order=ASC

Training will be given.

Please consider joining.

Regards,

Haggen

Disclaimer: Each member entitles to his or her own opinion and the
teams do not represent the opinion of CCHK.