cc-hk - [Cc-hk] "One Laptop Per Child" (OLPC) is here

  • From: "Haggen So" <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] "One Laptop Per Child" (OLPC) is here
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:31:05 +0800

Not only is the "One Laptop Per Child" (OLPC) a great project for the children in developing countries, the project also integrated Creative Commons licensing as an important policy of the project. Content created or donated in the project are CC-licensed (for example:8.5 GB of CC-Licensed Samples for the OLPC).

The project established the Asia office in Hong Kong and twenty thousand OLPCs will be donated to Sichuan in the first phase. The details can be found below. There are also two coming events:

1. IT Fun Day