cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] HKU URC endorsement of the Open Access Advantage

  • From: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cchk-exco AT googlegroups.com, cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] HKU URC endorsement of the Open Access Advantage
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:41:55 +0800

I agree with you on that.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Peter Ma <peter.km.ma AT gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be a great leap forward for the education community if students'
> thesis and disseratations could be released under CC licences. I always
> found this hidden treasure a great loss to the public.
>
> From what I know, students even have to pay for the depository service but
> than the papers, probably for many their most important work in their life,
> do not see sunlight outside the school's intranet.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> (If the Chinese characters appear scrambled, try switching to Unicode
> (UTF-8) .)
> My website: 自學書院 http://www.self-learning-college.org/forum/

Rebecca MacKinnon
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Ctr.
University of Hong Kong (http://jmsc.hku.hk)
E-mail: rmack AT hku.hk | Tel: +852-2219-4005
Blog: http://RConversation.blogs.com

Co-founder: http://GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"

Public lead: Creative Commons Hong Kong
http://hk.creativecommons.org