cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] HKU URC endorsement of the Open Access Advantage

  • From: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: cchk-exco AT googlegroups.com, cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] HKU URC endorsement of the Open Access Advantage
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:33:08 +0800

Yes it is too bad. The problem is that most academic journal
publications are not compatible with CC licenses.
They'll allow a draft of submitted works to be published as open
access under university repositories, but most academic journals'
business models are, unfortunately, incompatible with full cc
licensing.

Best,