cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Fwd: CC Asia Band -- first step!

  • From: "Oiwan Lam" <oiwan.lam AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Rebecca MacKinnon" <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Fwd: CC Asia Band -- first step!
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:30:57 +0800

may be we can try gayamyan (假音人). they have one song that mix 40 hk pop songs, and proclaim the death of hk pop song. the song is called 「香港輓歌」, so at least for this song, they should adopt the cc license...  however, i heard that they have signed contract with a company that is very hostile towards flexible copyrights... this maybe a problem... i can reach them via another friend.

another possible band is fang hung A: http://www.fanhunga.com/ a girl band, and has published 3 albums. sweet and timid voices.
they are not as popular as gayamyan, but independent, i think they maybe willing to try CC for their songs, but need some explanation as they are not familiar with cc. during the star ferry preservation protest, they sing in the street to support the activists. can help contacting them.

noise cooperative is a most convenient option: http://mininoise.blogspot.com/
their founder (billy hung) is an ex-staff in oxfam hk and their songs have been circulated around the internet already. they don't care about copyrights (although they do sell their music, i have bought some albums). one of the team member is chow sze chong (from inmedia, he is the drummer), their style is more diverse and they have been working closely with local civil society. - but they are very independent and have song that criticize "disneyland hk" and local version of "this world is not for sale".

there are more options that fall into the above three categories. can try contacting more for the cc launch in hk.

cheers, oiwan