cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Practical Workshop on the Use of CC Materials

  • From: "Chong Chan-yau" <chanyau AT hku.hk>
  • To: "'Ben'" <chpapa AT gmail.com>, "'Charles Mok'" <mok AT hknet.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Practical Workshop on the Use of CC Materials
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:30:34 +0800

Dear All,
I have developed a new email chain devoted to the subject of organizing a
practical workshop on the use of CC materials.
Rebecca: My idea originates from the need of the HKU students who work for
the U-Radio. But I think it would be good to open it up if a workshop is
being organized.
Charles, Ben and Jack all support the idea.
To start with:

Proposed Date: 17 or 24 November (Saturday morning)
Venue: I offer to book a place at HKU;
Organizing Units: HKU CEDARS (my department) pls add others;
Title: Practical Workshop on the Use of CC Materials
Duration: three hours with a break.
Content:
- Pls suggest;

Moderator: Rebecca offers to do it. Can u make it on these two dates or
other dates?
Speakers or demonstrators: Charles or others.

Target audience: university students interested in using CC materials for
fun, creative work, etc.
Size: 30 to 40.

We can take care of the cost.
Rgds.
Chan Yau

Dear all,

The workshop idea sounds great. If it happens, I may bring a bunch of
graduate students from CUHK. That is, as long as it doesn't happen to be in
the busy
times like finals week. Most likely, the students will be from our programs
MA in Global Communication, M.Sc. in New Media, perhaps a couple Ph.D. in
Communication
students as well. If there's anything I can do to facilitate this, let me
know.

Best,
Jack