cc-es - Re: [Cc-es] [ibiblio.org #37891] Resolved: Re: Bad character encoding in cc-es mailing list archives

cc-es AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons en España

  • From: Javier Candeira <javier AT candeira.com>
  • To: help-comment AT ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Creative Commons Group <cc-es AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-es] [ibiblio.org #37891] Resolved: Re: Bad character encoding in cc-es mailing list archives
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 19:11:53 +0200

Helpful ibiblio people:

After you fixed the encoding issues in the cc-es mailing list archives last
January, new messages are not being properly archived there. Monthly indexes
are not published:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-es/

And within each monthly index, which does exist, apparently only the last
message in the month is archived:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-es/2007-April/date.html

And that with bad encoding.

I thought to reopen the old ticket rather than open a new one. Please
correct me if that is not the proper procedure.

Thanks,

Javier Candeira

Cristobal Palmer via RT wrote:
> According to our records, your request has been closed. Requests are
> closed for a few reasons:
>
> 1. Your ticket has been resolved.
> 2. Your ticket has gone inactive, and you haven't responded to us.
>
> If you have any further questions or concerns, please respond to this
> message. Please also understand that requests sometimes get closed
> prematurely. If this is the case for you, please don't get angry; just
> drop us a line asking us to re-open the ticket, and explaining that it was
> resolved in error. We appreciate your kindness and understanding.
>
> Please note that any reply to this message (even a simple "thank you") will
> cause the ticket to be automatically re-opened. In that case, you'll get
> another resolved email when we re-close the ticket. Thanks!

> Your initial request was
>
> Thanks!
>
> - j
>
> Mike Linksvayer wrote:
>> Sent to help AT ibiblio.org for possible diagnosis and fix.
>>

>> On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 06:33 +0100, Javier Candeira wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> The archives for the cc-es mailing list show accents, eñes and other
>>> special
>>> characters brokenly:
>>>
>>> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-es/2006-December/001626.html
>>>
>>> The reason is this:
>>>
>>> The html in the document gives encoding as 8859-1...
>>>
>>> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
>>>
>>> While the server head information claims they are UTF-8...
>>>
>>> kandinski@derive:~$ curl -I
>>> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-es/2006-December/001633.html |
>>> grep -i
>>> Content-Type
>>> % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time
>>> Current
>>> Dload Upload Total Spent Left
>>> Speed
>>> 0
>>>
>>> What we see browsing the archives is the result of browsers trying to
>>> interpret as UTF-8 special characters correctly codified as ISO-8859-1.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -- javier

  • Re: [Cc-es] [ibiblio.org #37891] Resolved: Re: Bad character encoding in cc-es mailing list archives, Javier Candeira, 05/08/2007