cc-education - [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Ben Crowell <cceducrowell03 AT lightandmatter.com>
  • To: cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:43:28 -0500

It would certainly take care of my objections, if I understand you
correctly. Are you saying it would be the same license, and people
could use it even outside of education? Maybe if it's just a
repackaging of an existing license, it shouldn't be referred to
as a license at all. It could be sort of like those logos you see
on web sites that say "made with BBEdit" or something -- a way of
showing your support. Maybe it could say something like "educational
materials licensed for free use," and users could place it
in a logo right next to the noncommercial-sharealike-attribution logo.